Thread: Convert Dipole to Bipole

Convert Dipole to Bipole

I have a pair of Triad Silver Dipole surrounds and I want to convert them to Bipole for an Atmos setup. Can this be done?

Yes it can.

If your Bronze or Silver Surround has a build date of September 2010 or newer it can be modified (by Triad or a Triad dealer) and changed into a Bipole. If you don't know the build date you can PM me with the speaker's serial number and I'll get the build date for you.

Gold surrounds are much more difficult and expensive to convert, and must be sent back to Triad.
    Authorized Dealer: Triad Speakers, Denon, Marantz, Sony, JVC,
    Screen Innovations, Stewart Filmscreen, Panamorph, and Oppo.

Contact us for assistance, we are happy to help.

Dawn@EgretElectronics.com
    561-745-6186

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
    Yes it can.

If your Bronze or Silver Surround has a build date of September 2010 or newer it can be modified (by Triad or a Triad dealer) and changed into a Bipole. If you don't know the build date you can PM me with the speaker's serial number and I'll get the build date for you.

Gold surrounds are much more difficult and expensive to convert, and must be sent back to Triad.
    What changed in Sept of 2010? Was this when the drivers in much of the line had to be changed because one of the suppliers went out of business?

I think the design GOALS of the speakers didn't really change right? The last major revision for the core products was actually in the 2003-5 time frame? For example, that's roughly when the horn tweeter on the GOLD LCR were removed, and when the complete Bronze, Silver LCR lines were rolled out, etc.

Yes, that's when the old Peerless drivers were phased out. The basic design has not changed, just the drivers.

561-745-6186

Yes it can.

What is involved in the modifications to change it from a dipole to a bipole?

It's a crossover change. Depending on the situation and your comfort level, Triad might be willing to send you the new parts and allow you to do the conversion yourself. Keep in mind that you will need a soldering gun to un-solder the old crossover and to reinstall the new one.

561-745-6186

It's a crossover change. Depending on the situation and your comfort level, Triad might be willing to send you the new parts and allow you to do the conversion yourself. Keep in mind that you will need a soldering gun to un-solder the old crossover and to reinstall the new one.
    My Comfort level with a soldering iron is very high. Have you had any other customers where Triad let them do it themselves?

None of mine have, no.

Contact Brent Passmore at Triad, and he can give you all the details on what's involved.

561-745-6186