Thread: Setup questions for InCeiling Gold 8 Omni SE

Question Setup questions for InCeiling Gold 8 Omni SE

First timer here on this forum trying to learn how I can setup my living area/theater area with some Triad speakers that are available to me. A friend cannot use them any longer and offered them to me.

He has 3 Triad InCeiling Gold/8 Omni SE LCR and 2 Triad InCeiling Gold/6 Omni for surround. My area is 19.5' long (from TV to back of room) x 15' wide and 8.75' drop ceiling. I've been in his house where he had these installed and it was amazing. I'd like to see if you think these would be suitable for this room. If your back is to the TV, the right wall is normal. On the left, there's not a wall as it empties over to a bar area. So it is not a standard rectangular walled room. The area is used for both theater and listening to music.

If I were to do this, I also need to be concerned with the weight of the speakers with my drop ceiling. Brackets would likely be needed to attach to the house frame above the ceiling.

If I'm in the wrong room here, sorry. I'm happy to repost to the proper place. Cheers.

Hi Wally and welcome to the forum.

You can definitely use the IC Gold/8 Omni SE speakers and IC Gold/6 for surrounds in your room. I would cross them over at 100 Hz to allow them to play louder and deeper.

You will need the Triad inCeiling Retro-Kit designed for drop ceiling installations.
    Authorized Dealer: Triad Speakers, Denon, Marantz, ATI, Sony, Datasat,
    JVC, Screen Innovations, Stewart Filmscreen, and Panamorph.

Contact us for assistance, we are happy to help.

Dawn@EgretElectronics.com
    561-745-6186

Hi, Dawn. Thanks! I'm happy to hear that these will fit nicely into this space. I was worried that I'd be overpowering my room with sound.

Where would I find the retro kits? Not finding much on triad website (control4 website). Or at least it's very unclear where to order from. Can I order through you as an authorized dealer?

Yes you can order from us.

Contact me at dawn@egretelectronics.com and we'll get it done for you.
    Authorized Dealer: Triad Speakers, Denon, Marantz, ATI, Sony, Datasat,
    JVC, Screen Innovations, Stewart Filmscreen, and Panamorph.

Contact us for assistance, we are happy to help.

Dawn@EgretElectronics.com
    561-745-6186